Friday, July 29, 2016

Family Reunion Part 4: Family Pictures and Yaquina Head Lighthouse

   Newport has two lighthouses.  The old lighthouse that you actually couldn't see very well from the ocean since it was set to far back inland, and Yaquina Head Lighthouse that replaced it.  The old one was really tiny and we could walk through it on our own.  Avery was excited when I told her that the house was similar to one that Laura from Little House on the Prairie could have lived in.  When we visited Yaquina Head Lighthouse you had to get a ticket to tour the lighthouse, so we just admired the outside.  We also randomly met up with Chris and Alex and their kids.  While the family was all together we did pictures, but I realize that I don't have a copy of the group shot yet.  Unfortunately it was too bright for Daryl and me.  I managed to open my eyes part of the time, but Daryl never really managed to get them open.


The view from the old lighthouse.

Avery looking uncharacteristically serious in the lighthouse.

Luke demanding the camera.

Hudson and Luke racing up the stairs from the beach at Yaquina Head.

Yaquina Head

Sam, Emery, Avery, and Addison looking through the telescope.

Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Angie thought it would be cute to take pictures with this frame she brought.  I think this ended up being our best family shot because the sun wasn't directly in our eyes.  

Yeah you can tell Daryl and I are from the Seattle area.

We were also dealing with the wind.

The siblings:  Adam, Alex, Nellie, DeAnna, myself, and Phil

No comments: