Friday, June 26, 2015

Mt. St. Helens

     Yesterday Ashlyn and I loaded up the kids and picked up my Mom to go to Mt. St. Helens to the Forest Learning Center.  My sister DeAnna drove up from Portland to meet us there too.  The visitor center is pretty nice.  It has a large playground outside that Avery and Harper liked.  Emery as usual didn't want to stay in one place at pretty much any time, and cried when I tried to get her to do anything.  I managed to buy her happiness with some peanut butter cups from the gift shop, and then all was well.  We had lunch at a roadside restaurant, and then headed home when I-5 was closed for an accident forcing us to take about an hour's detour.  It was still a good trip though.



Mount Saint Helens

Ashlyn in a helicopter.

Avery in the helicopter.

Emery in the helicopter.  She wouldn't wear the headphones.
Harper in the helicopter now.

Avery really wanted her picture taken with this eagle talon on.

DeAnna being hugged by Avery and Harper.

This is what Emery did when she wasn't crying.

Luke was unimpressed.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

What a fun outing! It's hard to fill all these summer days with a bunch of kids.