Sunday, June 28, 2015

Emery Turns 2

  Today is Emery's second birthday.  I can't believe she's not a baby anymore.  Now she's my energetic toddler.  She's not much of a talker yet.  Here favorite phrases to say are: thank you, look I see, and let's go.  Emery gives amazing high 5's.  She has a giant belly laugh, and loves to suck her thumb.  Her favorite cartoons are Max and Ruby, and Mickey Mouse.  Playing outside is one of her favorite things to do.  She loves eating a wide variety of things, but she really appreciates a good hamburger or hot dog.  Her hair is grower longer, but it just curls up.  I love her curly cap.  She still adores Luke, and loves to give him kisses and hugs.  Luke loves getting them too, and laughs joyously.  Emery can put her dirty dishes in the dishwasher with a lot of prompting.  
   For her birthday we just had a small get together with my mom, Karl, Aimee, and Tyler.   We opened her presents and did cake right after she woke up from her afternoon nap.  Once she saw her pile of presents on the table she became very excited.  Watching her open presents was so rewarding. Each time she opened one she gasped with delight upon revealing the gift inside.  


Tyler, Avery, Emery, and Harper

I love Tyler and Avery's faces in this picture.

I love that everyone's heads had to come together for the opening of the gifts.

While everyone else ate cake Luke was stuck with a paper plate.

Avery wanted her picture taken with this piece of frosting.

Emery enjoying her birthday cake.
Just one other picture of Luke and Karl.

Emery's favorite gift were these interlocking foam letters and numbers that my sister Nellie gave her.  I'll let you decide if they're my favorite gift.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Happy birthday cute girl!