Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reunited in Japan

   Friday afternoon I flew to Japan, and I got there Saturday late afternoon.  Daryl and I met at a local Air Force base to stay with my friend Aya's family.  We stayed there that night and attended church with them in the morning.  Later that day Aya dressed me up in a kimono.  She has been learning how to dress herself in a kimono.  She has gone to learn from someone else since it is quite involved.  This was actually the first time that she dressed anyone, but herself.  It was fun.  
  Sunday evening we left Aya and her husband Justin, and her cute girls Alia and Aila.  We took the train to our hotel in Shinjuku.  It was pretty late when we got back, so we just got some dinner and called it a night.  Tokyo is 16 hours ahead of Seattle, so we tend to get tired early in the evening.  Then we when we wake up at ridiculous times like five.  Here's some pictures of things we've encountered so far.  There are hilarious examples of Engrish all over the place.  I wish I would have taken pictures of a couple signs I saw at the airport about connecting "frights."


Here I am in a kimono!

Look Daryl and I love each other!  Our ninth wedding anniversary is coming up next week, so we are counting this as our anniversary trip.

Here I am with Aya and her oldest Alia.

This is our room which is an upgrade.  That's the only way to get a normal American sized bed.

Our room comes with a dehumidifier.

We are living large with three complimentary bottles of water!

Apparently this is a gatorade type drink with a very off putting name.

Daryl had his clothes laundered, and they individually wrapped everything up.

Soft dorinks

This is a sidewalk.  The yellow bumpy stripe is a path for the blind to follow.

No comments: