Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

  This Memorial Day weekend we went over to my Dad's hometown of Toppenish to lay peonies on the Layman's buried there including my grandfather who served in World War II and my dad's cousin Terry who served in Vietnam.  I was expecting the girls, especially Emery, to want to run around in the cemetery, but they were all very good.  They were pretty focused on their task of making sure all the Laymans there had enough peonies on their graves.  Emery was very sweet and tried so hard to make her flowers stand up.  

Baby Luke's first outing to Miner's.

Emery trying to stand up her peony.

We were trying to get a shot of Luke with my grandmother's headstone because they are birthday buddies when Avery and Harper jumped in.

My grandfather's headstone.

This is my Aunt Fayetta who died when she was a little girl.

My dad's school Garfield Elementary.

This is the house my dad grew up in.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

What a special trip!

Shirley said...

What a nice trip and a wonderful tribute to your family. Luke looks so darling.