Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Seven Months of Emery

   Last time we checked up with Emery I forgot to include her six month stats.  She was 15.8 pounds then and is 26 inches long.  I'm sure height-wise she hasn't changed much since then, but my arms say that my baby is at least sixteen pounds if not a little bigger.  Sunday it was just me and the girls, and Emery insists on being held standing up for the last two hours of church.  When we got home my arms were aching.  She is one chubby baby. By contrast Harper was 14 pounds at six months and Avery was just at 15 pounds.  Harper only made it to 17 pounds by the time she was one.  This baby is a very rude wake up call from my little feather weight Harper who is 25 pounds right now at three.  That's only nine pounds bigger than Emery.
  At any rate Emery continues to be a happy little girl and a joy to have around.  She is still toothless and not a sign of a tooth coming in either.  I feel like both Avery and Harper had teeth by now.  She loves eating even more now, and has cute back on the formula to make room for the solids.  She isn't up on her hands and knees yet, but she drags herself around for short distances.  She is roaming off the rug with increasing frequency.  I didn't catch her just the other day making some attempts to get up on her knees.
  Avery and Harper love Emery, and Emery loves Avery and Harper.  Whenever they are around she invariably has a smile for them and their antics.  Occasionally when I can't immediately make it to Emery's side to fulfill her baby needs I ask the girls to cheer up until I can come.  Harper will sing to her and tell her "baby you need to be happy".  Avery will tell her over and over again to, "baby don't cry" in which I can only describe as her Fat Albert voice.  It's pretty hilarious and it usually works because Emery loves her sisters.  




She played with the monkey for a good twenty minutes before she would leave it alone and let me take a picture.

Here's are girl at seven months today!

This was when she was experimenting with getting up on her knees.  I love the drool hanging off her chin.

No comments: