Thursday, January 24, 2019

The New Year Thus Far

   Our January was a little more exciting than usual.  The first Saturday of the year we had a sizable wind storm that knocked out our power for most of the day on the Sunday following.  Fortunately it wasn't too cold and we could cook on our gas stove top.  We gathered a giant pile of blankets and pillows on the family room floor and played almost all our board and card games with the kids.  We got power on around five in the evening just in time for baths.  


Harper and Emery was using the elliptical together.

Daryl and Harper playing Bohnanza during the power outage.



Daryl and I both had haircuts the same night, so we traded off watching the kids at the mall.

The kids and I got ice cream cones and played at the mall.



Avery is too big to play and would rather play Nintendo anyway.

Luke and Emery 

Avery made a basket at school.

Avery making her basket.

Avery and Sisko during our Come Follow Me lesson.

Harper and Emery working on their coloring sheet.

Harper showing me that she would give Jesus love as a gift.  



I went hiking to Coal Creek Falls by myself.

Emery has really taken a shine to the latest Amazon box.  

She was sure she could lined it with blankets and stuffed animals and then sleep in it.  She's mad that I took her picture.

I finally parted ways with the baby blanket my Grandma Ruby made me.  I donated it to a textile drive for a high school choir some of the kids at church attend.



No comments: