Sunday, May 4, 2014

An Unexpected Picture

         


 
       My Dad takes a lot of pictures all the time, and most of the time we get annoyed with all the random pictures that he has of girls camp or some work function that he has.  In fact, Dad recently embarked on a mission of organizing the many, many pictures that he has taken over the many years.  Finally he has a picture that is interesting.  My oldest brother Phil graduated from Auburn High in 1996 which made him in the same graduating class as Daryl.  They didn't know each other though.  This picture is from my brother and Daryl's graduation day.  Now Dad was probably trying to take a picture of one of my brother's friends Ben, but in the middle of the picture looking the opposite direction toward the stage in his hunky giant glasses is Daryl.  It appears that Daryl's and my family's paths crossed at least once before.  I wasn't at graduation because they are boring and we didn't have enough tickets anyway, so we weren't together on the day in question.  Although we have figured out that we were at a Youth Conference that our church did at Ensign Ranch in Cle Elum in 1996.

4 comments:

Diane Evans said...

Yes, I always thought it was interesting that you two were in the same circles, but never met. At your wedding, I knew about 3/4 of the people there. Awesome picture of Daryl!

Debbie said...

Oh the paths our lives lead us on. :)

Rachael said...

That is so funny. I think it's funny that Michael and I were probably at the same youth dances but didn't know it.

Millie said...

Isn't it odd how this picture is a part of our family and at the time we didn't even know our wonderful son-in-law.