Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Growing Up

   This weekend I offered to give Harper some pony tails and she actually took me up on it.  She usually doesn't let me do anything to her hair, which we affectionately refer to as her super mullet.  I knew her hair had gotten longer, but I was still surprised to see the two long curly pig tails she ended up with.  I loved them, but Harper is indifferent and hasn't really let me do her hair up in pony tails again.
   Also Emery climbed the stairs all by herself for the first time on Saturday.  I was sick that day, so I was upstairs in bed.  I kept hearing Emery in the stairwell and just assumed that Daryl was supervising her.  Pretty soon though up pops Emery into our room with no Daryl behind her.  At first I thought he was just teasing me by hanging back until I got upset that our baby climbed our wooden stairs all by herself, but he had not noticed that our baby had gone missing.  Oh well, she made it up just fine.  Getting down is a skill she needs to work on though.

Harper's sweet curly pig tails.




The triumph of reaching the landing!

I just threw in this picture of Emery eating her first Costco chocolate chip cookie for fun.  Avery loves to get in all photos.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love the hair. All the pictures of your darlings are precious.