Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Virtual Tour: Main Floor

         By popular demand I am finally putting pictures up of the house.  Well at least the main floor, but don't worry the rest of the house isn't too far behind.

Avery and Harper enjoying one of the few pieces of furniture we bought for the house:  their own tiny table.  Harper loves the table and chairs especially, but is too scared to get off the tiny, tiny chair on her own.  Neither of us are worried about her trying to climb out of her crib.

The main floor definitely has the great room feel.  Our family room and dining room are all one big space.  The girls absolutely love all the space to roam around in compared to our last home.  In case you haven't figured out the couch and recliner are not in their forever homes yet.  I'm still trying to figure out how to configure the room.

Another view of the family room from the kitchen.  You can see the  television, and the awesome console we bought.  The t.v.  is going to be hung up on the wall one of these days.  Also that giant looking door is called a Nana door, and slides up like an accordion to unite the family room with the deck.  It's very nice on our occasional warms days.

Here's a closer look at our dining room area.  

This is the kitchen.  

Here's my kitchen in all its messy glory.  I'm working on clearing off the counters. The island is a great work space though, and I have made dinner four nights in a row.  Not too shabby.  You can also see my Kitchen Aid dishwasher, and it's a real toss up between it and the range for favorite new appliance.  The dishwasher with the help of rinse aid actually dries off all those million sippy cup parts.  I am in heaven.

What can I say?  Cooking on gas is much superior to electric.  I'm not used to having my burners ready to go so quickly. The metal thing below the range hood is the pot filler, so now I don't have to carry heavy pots of water across the kitchen.

I don't do dishes by hand, so all I wanted was one giant basin to soak big casserole dishes in.  I love it. 

A nice big fridge.  We didn't get the see through door because we thought we would artfully arrange bottles of  Perrier and our fine cheese collection, it was just cheaper than the model with a solid stainless steel door.

Here's the powder room for guests to use.

Down this hall is the girls' bathroom, their bedroom, and the guest room.
                       
Here's the girls' bathroom.  It's divided up in to two areas.  Sinks on one side and the toilet and tub on the other side.  You can see the toilet peeking out there.  

Here's the guest room.  Yes it does look like a play room.  For some reason the girls love to play in here, and we let them. I would rather have toys strewn all over here than in the family room.

Here's the girls' room.  They basically sleep in here, and that's about it.  They are on a different floor from us, but we have no trouble hearing them in the morning.  Besides when Avery first wakes up in the morning her first destination is Mom and Dad's room while Harper cries, abandoned, standing up in her crib wondering why her roommate has left her once again.


Here's our front door.  It's not much of an entry way, but it works.  The stairs leading up and down are right off to the side with the hall closet on the other side.

Here, I'll show the hall closet.  It's plenty big, yea!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I love the pictures of your new home. What an enjoyable place to live. I love the pictures of Averu and Harper too.

Aimee said...

The kitchen is AMAZING!!!!! I love LOVE the faucet over the stove and the quiet garbage disposal and the big sink and the fridge and the and the....... I think I will just call and say I want to come cook at your house, just to be able to do it :)

F said...

i love all those windows!

Janet said...

I love your beautiful house! The woodwork is so lovely and warm. The kitchen is Wow!!! I am excited for you guys. Congratulations on your new space for living!