Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

   For Thanksgiving we ended up in Disneyland so we could meet up with my sisters and aunts to celebrate the holiday.  We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian hotel at Disneyland.  Dinner was great, but it took them three hours to serve it.  The children actually were much better about that than the adults.  I forgot to take my camera to dinner, so no pictures of that.  In attendance beside us were my Aunts Joanne and Dianne, my parents, my niece Ashlyn, my sister Alex and her daughter Addison, and my sister DeAnna with her husband Brad.  
  We had a great time with all the  family and were glad everyone was able to get together.  Poor Daryl's ankle was hurting, so he ended up renting a scooter then entire time we were at Disneyland.  That wasn't too bad since we got to go in the wheelchair line.  Daryl was especially excited to ride the revamped Star Tours.  It isn't as bad anymore now that it has more than just one movie.  When we checked into the hotel Avery somehow got hold of a penny, and put it in the first place she could see that it shouldn't have gone: our hotel room's key card slot.  After we called maintenance we got into our room okay.  Then on the plane ride home Harper threw up all over me Exorcist style.  Fortunately it was only fifteen minutes before our descent. I smelled pretty awful though.   

Of course we put the baby in the dresser drawer.

Daryl in his scooter, and my Dad was getting Aunt Joanne's scooter.

Brad and DeAnna took Harper on Dumbo.  She was indifferent.

This is over in California Adventures.  Avery loved this ride and Dad endured it for her.

At least Alex was looking at the camera, and Addison was  facing the general direction unlike Avery.

Addison and Avery on the Casey Jr. train.

An action shot of Addison and me on the rockets.

The last day we were there with just my parents. We had sent Daryl to ride Space Mountain and Star Tours in peace.

Ashlyn and Alex on Pirates of the Caribbean.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Sounds like you had an interesting Thanksgiving. Children seem to manage to do the unexpected. Nice pictures. Looks like everyone had a nice time.