Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Decorations!

    I have to admit that when it came to decorating for Christmas this year it was bit of a forced march since with the impending move my natural instinct has been to take things down, and pack them away.  I definitely wasn't my usual enthusiastic self while decorating, but I managed.  Here are my Christmas decorations memorialized for all time!


Here's the mantel.  Those stockings don't belong to anyone just purely decorative.  I got lucky this year.   Harper is too little to try and pull the stockings down, and this year Avery left them alone.

That's right my cats have stockings,and yes, Zoe is dead. I put up her stocking anyway.

Here's Avery's advent calendar, and all the stockings. That extra little pink stocking is one my grandma knitted for me when I was baby. Since she died not too long after that it's actually one of the only things I have that she gave me.

It's a good thing I gave away all the living room furniture, so now the tree fits perfectly.  The girls haven't really bothered the tree.  I'm a little surprised and relieved.   Do you like how I threw a little white tree skirt over the phone modem on the left?

On the right of the tree my Temple Square get up got it's own little table, and Avery has left alone.

I got this play nativity set at Target, and Avery put it under the tree.  It melted my heart of course.

I put a garland on my railing and a wreath on my door and called it good.




No comments: