Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daryl's Discovery Flight

For our anniversary back in March I got Daryl an introductory flight lesson through a flight school called Wings Aloft out of Boeing Field.  Last Friday Daryl finally got to use it.  The best part was they let one other person tag along, so I got to hang out in the plane and take pictures.  The plane was a single engine Cessna I believe.  Daryl got to help fly the plane of course. We went over to Bremerton's little airport, and Daryl got to try taking off in the plane with some assistance. The pilot quite seriously told Daryl he wasn't afraid for his life once, so we took that as high praise.
Daryl and his instructor Trevor.  He was a nice guy, and we enjoyed the lesson a lot.



Bremerton's bustling national airport.

The crown jewel of Seattle, the Space Needle!

This is the aerial view of our new house in west Seattle.  The first time I use Photoshop, and all I do is draw a lousy circle.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

What a great experience for both of you! Great pictures.

Diane Evans said...

Is Daryl going to do it again? His grandfather Otte was a pilot in WWII -- maybe it runs in the blood.

Daryl said...

I think I will get my licence, but I may put it off until we are settled in Seattle.

SSToone said...

That's awesome! I remember seeing that Groupon or Living Social deal! Very fun (though I hate flying)!