Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chenuis Falls Hike

This past week I dragged my niece Ashlyn out hiking.  We went to Mount Rainier National Forest via the Carbon River entrance.  I had never been to the part of the park, so I thought we would check it out. We hiked out to Chenuis Falls.  It was about eight miles round trip and we did it in about three and a half hours I think.  The first 3.7 miles were really boring because you are basically walking on a forest service road, but the last little bit is really exciting.  You cross over about six log bridges on the Carbon River, and you get to cross by stepping on stones in between the sand bars.  Fortunately neither of us fell in.
Ashlyn on a bridge without a railing.
It's hard to tell, but this is the actually trail that requires you to use the stepping stones to get to the dry part of the river bed.

Some of the bridges had railings on them.

Chenuis Falls

We were able to get a pretty close look at the falls.

Ashlyn and I at the Falls.

No comments: