Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dearest Emery

   When I was pregnant with Luke I was somewhat worried that Emery would become lost in the mix with the new baby.  It didn't weigh heavily on my mind though, and it was a good thing it didn't because she's the kind of kid you just can't ignore.  Emery turned 18 months at the end of December, so I thought I would do a post dedicated to our littlest big kid or our biggest little depending on how you look at it.  
   Emery is a ball of energy yet she doesn't get into to stuff in the same way that Avery did at her age.  She just has a lot of things to do.  For example, throwing various objects in random drawers, the garbage, and the hamper.  I'll give you a brief rundown of stuff I found just for fun.

The garbage:
  • sippy cups
  • utensils
  • actual garbage! Good job!
  • toys
The hamper(by far Emery's favorite place to deposit random things):

  • sippy cups
  • actual garbage! Please stop.
  • toys
  • my Surface Keyboard
  • remote controls
  She loves to be held and snuggled.  Don't try putting her down before she has gotten her allotted hugging time in because she has a death grip.  She locks her legs around you and if for some reason you do get her legs detached from your torso she refuses to be set down on her feet forcing you to just lay down 25 pounds of struggling toddler on the floor spread eagle.  
  Her favorite hobbies are eating everything in my house, playing on my phone for hours after she steals it from while I am feeding Luke, and mimicking things she sees big people doing.  Don't think for a second that I over exaggerate her deep toddler love for Luke.  Whenever he is within her reach she will smother him with pats and kisses.  She also tries to sit on him.  Poor Luke.  So you can see it is impossible for this girl to be lost in the shuffle especially with her deep infectious belly laugh and her frequent shrieks of joy.  Emery makes life fun and fills the house with more love.  


Brushing her own teeth.  She also does her own hair.

Looking at source code of websites, changing the rotation of the screen, and making the cursor disappear.

Laying beside her future partner in crime.

Just this week Emery has been bringing up our Ikea bibs to me so she can wear them as capes.

Did I forget to mention that she loves to color on the floor, the windows, doors, walls, and the occasional coloring book?

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Emery sounds busy and cute! I like her.

Shirley said...

She is so cute. You are blessed with such a wonderful family.