Thursday, September 26, 2013

Only the Good Die Young

   We had noticed that Sebastian was losing weight around the time Emery was born, but I had chalked it up to the visitors and the new baby.  When my sister DeAnna came I noticed that Sebastian was looking pretty jaundiced.  Again I was hoping that he was super stressed, but the vets didn't sugar coat anything for me.  He either had cancer or a virus that would very shortly cause his death.  Sebastian ended up having cancer which was only a marginally better diagnosis.  There is no cure for kitty cancer because that would kill him, so treatment would be expensive and only send him into remission for who knows how long.  We opted not to treat him and endeavored to make his last days comfortable.  We got in a few more good cuddles, before one Monday in August he got out of the house and didn't come back.  He chose to find some place private to die.  He would have been two in October 16th.
   Sebastian was an amazing cat.  He loved to sit on your lap, and be around his people.  Every night he was with Daryl and I to help put the girls to bed.  When Avery and Harper gave them love he never complained.  He was soft spoken and rarely felt the need to meow.  In fact he once got trapped in the girls' bathroom for a majority of a Sunday because he never let us know he was in there.  We'll miss our little guy.  

This is the last picture I took of Sebastian.  After that I didn't want to remember him that sick looking.

Sebastian warming up Emery's bassinet for her.

Playing in a box.

Watching out the window with Karl.

I'll miss his little teddy bear face.



Baby Sebastian



1 comment:

Aimee said...

I loved your post. I miss him so much, considering my boys can't have the kitty's in our house it was always fun to see him and play with him... He will be missed...