Monday, March 18, 2013

Dinner Ala Avery

              A few weeks ago Daryl and I were upstairs together for what didn't seem very long when Avery came up insisting it was "eat food time."  We thought 4:30 was a little early for dinner, but she was very insistent. She was practically pulling us downstairs.  We should have known better.  She hadn't come to get us to make her food because she had already made us dinner.  Everyone got two slices of bread and their own cup of milk.  She even got out the bagels, but hadn't got to getting them out yet.  She was in the process of moving our dinner from the kitchen to the dining room table when she pulled us down.
             Avery saw a little digital book about a child bringing their mom breakfast in bed for Mother's Day, and this probably spurred her sudden need to feed us.  For weeks whenever Avery saw me in bed she would run downstairs to get me bread slices or a bagel to eat, along with some snack cheese, and a glass of water.  Pretty much all the food that she can get on her own.  Then I would have to eat it despite the fact that I was often not hungry.  It was pretty sweet though.
Avery very proud of the dinner she made for us.
Mmmm. Doesn't that look tasty.  
We think Harper was wiping her bread off because basically milk got everywhere when Avery poured a glass for everyone.  The bread was pretty saturated.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so funny and sweet!

Unknown said...

She just loves you all so much

Crysler's said...

Lol I love it! Sounds like a girl after my own heart.

Millie said...

I wish someone would feed me!

Shirley said...

Avery is absolutely adorable. How sweet she is. She certainly shows her love to her mom and dad.