Friday, February 22, 2013

The Busy Life of Avery

    As always Avery has been keeping very, very busy.  She has recently discovered "camping," or as some of us might know it better:  fort building.  She is still bringing home a plethora of preschool art that is proudly displayed on our gigantic glass doors.  I catch her trying to sleep in the crib from time to time.  Mostly in random points in the day.  
   My favorite though, is yesterday, she quite insistently dragged me downstairs to show me something.  I found that she had lined up all the chairs she could find, and filled them with her dolls and other various stuff friends.  She had arranged her piano and our two little play guitars in front of her audience.  Once I was in attendance she preceded to give an energetic rendition of the ABC song with her taking the lead on the piano, and Harper on one of the guitars. Avery did point at the other guitar and sadly said something to the effect that, "that was Tyler's."  All of it very cute of course.

Thankfully she understood when I said that I was too big to camp under the dining table and eat with her.  

I have since convinced her that she need only drape her blanket over the top of the chairs to form a tent instead of using her bedspread as a table cloth on my dining table.
Avery pretending to be a baby.  She has some very convincing baby crying complete with hand and feet kicking she does.
I'm not quite sure if the "That's Mama" is in reference to  the pictures of the Barbies, but Avery was very proud of this art.  She even wrote the "A" in Barbie all by herself.
The audience.  Even the Roomba needed to be attendance for this.
You can see "Tyler's" guitar between them.


2 comments:

Shirley said...

What wonderful pictures! Avery may be a budding musical star or actress.

Aimee said...

Oh Avery... You are so sweet!