Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Seagull Rescue!

   This morning I was downstairs with the girls giving them breakfast and doing the normal mom stuff when I kept hearing this banging from upstairs.  I figured some seagulls were having a party on our roof as they can get quite noisy.  Then Daryl came down and said it was actually a seagull stuck on one of our decks upstairs.  
   He was not a very smart guy.  He kept trying to fly through the clear glass that makes up our railing.  We tried moving a chair out to the side for him to get up on to escape, but let me reiterate how stupid this bird was.  I ended up going out there clad in a long sleeved jacket and armed with a towel.  I was able to flip him up on the railing, but he wasn't able to get his balance.  In the end I flipped  him up on our bistro table.  Then he was finally able to make his escape. 


Flying directly into the glass, making loud thumping noises that could be heard throughout the house, and probably giving him quite the headache.



This was the first abortive attempt.  Notice how he's trying to bite me.

He's free!


3 comments:

Rachael said...

I LOVE the pictures! That is so funny and crazy!

SSToone said...

Yeah love the picture series! Rachel, Seagull Rescuer.

Tina said...

This is great!