Sunday, January 15, 2012

Consumer Electronics Show

  Daryl and I got home Friday from Las Vegas.  We were attending the Consumer Electronics Show, and we had a pretty good time seeing giant televisions and robot vacuums.  The number of exhibits were overwhelming.  They were spread throughout the actual Las Vegas Convention Center, The Venetian, and the old Hilton.  We came home with a lot of pens, cords, pamphlets, magazines, and reusable shopping bags.  
  We stayed at the Excalibur which is probably the cheapest nice place to stay on the strip, and since we were there we saw the Tournament of Kings.  Unfortunately they didn't allow pictures so you will have to imagine the show all on your own.  We ate Cornish Game Hen and other things all with our bare hands.  The actual show was cheesy, but now we can check that off our bucket list.  
  One day when I was by myself at the Forum Shops I went past a collectibles store and saw Pete Rose there signing autographs and other memorabilia.  I went in and met him, so now my claim to fame can be meeting Pete Rose, and that I saw a genuine pair of Spock's ears from the movie Star Trek  IV: the Voyage Home.
    Also we got to see my brother Phil, his wife Heather, and their two adorable boys Maddux and Aidan.  They live in St. George not too far away, so it was nice to see them.  On the other hand I realized too late that while we were at CES one of my mission companions, Sister Bowen, was at CES with her husband at the same time.  She lives in Alberta, Canada, so this was a perfect opportunity to see her that we missed.  We both resolved to brag more about what we were doing on Facebook, so we will realize we are at the same place at the same time in the future.  I might have to check all my travel plans with her too from now on.


Maddux and Aidan 

Me and Pete Rose!

All the bags we got at CES

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool that you met Pete Rose. cooler that you thought it would be cool!!