Friday, December 15, 2017

Auf Deutsch

  At the end of May beginning of June, Daryl and I ran away to Germany.  We rode the train around the country visiting Hamburg, Cologne, Munich, and Leipzig.  We also visited Neuschwanstein Castle.  Something I've been wanting to do ever since my first high school German class.  I took German in high school and college, so I was very good at politely explaining that I spoke terrible German.  I wish I had brushed up on how to order ice cream.  It was pretty warm and air conditioning was not the same there.  It was a great trip that we kind of took spur of the moment.  I loved all the old churches and castles.  We both especially enjoyed the chocolate museum in Cologne where we spent 80 Euros in the gift shop.  






The Koln cathedral.  It was stunning and really a highlight of the trip for me.

The cathedral roof in Koln.

This lovely lady is a saint residing in one of the many churches we visited.  Her skeleton was begemmed and you can't really tell but they made her some creepy jeweled eyes too.

This was our mode of transportation up to Neuschwanstein where of course the people standing next to me in line were from Utah.  This seems to always happen to me when I where a BYU shirt.

Daryl and I at Neuschwanstein.

A bridge at Neuschwanstein.

We went to a museum in Leipzip of musical instruments.  This is an early version of the juke box.

No comments: