Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving

   Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving and we celebrated so we could give thanks for all things Canadian.  Also I like to practice different Thanksgiving recipes.  It's like a dry run Thanksgiving because Daryl and I are on a quest for good turkey.  This year we cut up the turkey before we cooked which accomplished a fast cooking time.  I also made twice baked potatoes with pumpkin which were pretty good; except I now know that I hate making twice baked potatoes and do not feel the need to every make them  again. Mom and Dad were home with us, so Mom made cinnamon rolls and her famous cranberry jello concoction that we had at every Thanksgiving growing up.  Truthfully I was never a huge fan of it, but I was pretty sure Daryl would love it and he did.  As did Avery.  She had three helpings of it.  Well we love our friendly neighbor to the north and we thought of all our favorite HGTV Canadian shows.  To all our beloved Canadian friends out there we hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Avery eyeing the cinnamon rolls.

This is Mom's Thanksgiving jello.  The bottom layer is raspberry jello with a can of cranberry sauce that comes out in one solid piece.  The middle layer is vanilla pudding and then Cool Whip on top.

Our cut up turkey.

It's Daryl!  I remembered to take pictures of everyone.

Avery on one of her many helpings of jello.

It's me!

Dad wearing his America shirt on Canadian Thanksgiving.  How dare he! (In all fairness my baby threw up on his original shirt).

Mom in her lovely Chilean apron.  

Harper being goofy without pants.

Emery being hilarious.  

2 comments:

SSToone said...

I loved how you included HGTV shows! Precisely! :)

Aimee said...

Your mom had on her Chilean apron, your dad had his American flag shirt on and Emery had her Halloween shirt on for your Canadian Thanksgiving... Everyone wanted to be represented! Love your family :)