Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dorothy Bothell Park = Fun Times

Today was sunny and mostly warm, so I pretended to be a good mother by taking Avery to the little park just up the hill from us. She had a pretty good time, and there was a beautiful view of Mount Rainier on the one side and of the Olympics on the opposite side, so not too bad a way to spend part the of the day.There was a little girl named Sonya there who generously shared her toys with us in what I will only loosely refer to as the "sand" box. More like the dirt and small pieces of gravel box. Avery of course tasted this lovely concoction, and despite clearly not liking it, kept going back for more. Sonya was funny she kept talking to me even though half the stuff she said was in Russian which I don't understand.
Mount Rainier with a stupid tree blocking the view and some other nice mom getting into her minivan.
Avery loved the teeter totter. She spent the majority of the time on it. That meant I spent the majority of my time making it go up and down. Fortunately it wasn't the old school fulcrum one. This one had springs in the middle.
So yeah, she is still scared of swings. Loves the teeter totter, but can't handle this safety swing. She was hyperventilating during her brief sojourn in the swing. I couldn't get her out fast enough.

3 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

Pretend to be a good mom? I don't that's an issue.

Crysler's said...

Fun times! Wish I could have been there!

Nellie said...

Oh I miss seeing the mountains "out" like that. Avery cracks me up. Scared of the swings!! lol